Bus route service changes take effect Aug. 19
Several Minnesota Valley Transit Authority bus route service changes will take effect Saturday, Aug. 19.
New printed pocket schedules will be available at MVTA transit stations and on buses. Route information also is available online at www.mvta.com/routes/.
MVTA staff members regularly review our routes and requests from riders to determine if adjustments can be made to better serve customers.
Service changes allow us to modify existing route alignments and schedules to continually improve service.
MVTA strives to maximize the efficiency of limited buses and allocate them accordingly based on ridership trends.
Here are some highlighted service changes taking effect Aug. 19:
Route 436 (Eagan – Minneapolis): Northbound Trip Added! Departs Thomson Reuters at 10:45 p.m.
Route 437 (Eagan): Trip times adjusted to better coordinate with service at Cedar Grove Transit Station.
- Westbound trips departing Eagan Transit Station at 3:59 p.m. and 4:59 p.m. change to 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Eastbound trips departing Cedar Grove at 6:15 a.m., 7:15 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. change to 6:17 a.m., 7:17 a.m. and 8:17 a.m.
Route 440 (Apple Valley – Eagan -- VA Medical Center): Trip times adjusted to better coordinate with service at Cedar Grove Transit Station.
- Southbound trips departing Cedar Grove Transit Station at 8:48 p.m., 9:48 p.m. and 10:48 p.m. change to 8:51 p.m., 9:51 p.m. and 10:51 p.m.
Route 442 (Apple Valley – Burnsville): Westbound trip departing Apple Valley Transit Station at 11:40 p.m. will change to 11:46 p.m.
- NEW! Weekend service added! Westbound trips depart Apple Valley Transit Station hourly from 7:15 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. Eastbound trips leave Burnsville Center hourly from 7:43 a.m. to 7:43 p.m.
Route 444 (Savage – Eagan – Burnsville – Mall of America): Southbound 5:36 a.m. trip now departs Mall of America at 5:24 a.m.
- Southbound trips departing Mall of America at 8:36 p.m., 9:36 p.m. and 10:36 p.m. change to 8:40 p.m., 9:40 p.m. and 10:40 p.m.
Route 465 (Burnsville – Bloomington – Minneapolis – University of Minnesota): Three trips are added: Northbound trip departs Burnsville Transit Station at 4:40 a.m.; southbound trips depart Oak/4th at 4:38 a.m. and 5:08 a.m.
- Northbound trip departing Burnsville Transit Station at 6:06 p.m. now departs at 5:45 p.m.
- NEW! Weekend service added! All weekend trips bypass downtown Minneapolis.
- Northbound trips depart Burnsville Transit Station at 4:40 a.m., 6:10 a.m., 6:45 a.m., 5:06 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Southbound trips depart Oak/4th at 4:38 a.m., 5:08 a.m., 3:36 p.m. and 4:06 p.m.
Route 477 (Lakeville – Apple Valley – Minneapolis): Southbound trip from Gateway at 4:06 p.m. changes to 3:43 p.m.
Route 478 (Rosemount – Minneapolis): Southbound trips departing Gateway at 4:33 p.m. and 4:48 p.m. change to 4:21 p.m. and 4:36 p.m.
Route 495 (Shakopee – Burnsville – Mall of America): Several changes to trip times. Please visit Route 495 to view the new schedule for Route 495.
METRO Red Line (Apple Valley – Eagan – Mall of America): Several changes to trip times. Please visit METRO Red Line to view the new schedule for METRO Red Line.
Information on all MVTA bus routes can be found at www.mvta.com/routes/. For more information on the Aug. 19 service changes, call MVTA Customer Service at 952-882-7500.